NEWTOWN CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH
14 West Street
Newtown, CT 06470
Administrator Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9AM-5PM
Tues. & Thurs.
(Building access can be obatained upon request)
Hours: Tues.-Thurs. 10:00AM-1:00PM, and Saturday 11:00AM- 2:00PM
Contact: 203-270-9359 (or NCC office 203-426-9024)
NEWS: During the pandemic our CCM has made it their goal to contact our members and friends to give personal TLC concerning their physical and mental health. They also continually send care cards to individuals who are ill, suffering, or have lost a loved one.
The Congregational Care Ministry (CCM) builds and encourages a spirit of Christian fellowship and support within the congregation through social and community building activities. The focus of this ministry is the welcoming of visitors, new memberships, and the integration all members.
- Baptismal shawl ministry
- Care for the congregation
- Care Cards
- Compassion transportation
- Small groups & fellowships
- Membership tending
- Parish Nurse program
- Parish visitation
- Prayer life (including a prayer chain for immediate short-term prayers)
- One Liaison (Oversees the ministry and attends Core Leadership Team meetings)
- Two Coordinators (Assist the Liaison)
- Group Leaders of ministries that fall within the Congregational Care Ministry
- Volunteer members