Faith is nurtured not just for an hour on Sunday mornings! We believe all of us can and do encounter God's love all the time.
Much of the growth our children experience in faith occurs in the contexts of their families. That can sometimes seem an overwhelming notion, but if we embrace the opportunity, it can be a real gift! We strive to keep the curriculum in our church school aligned with the Sunday worship service. This means children, youth, and adults are exploring similar themes and scriptures, so that when everyone arrives back home the conversation is able to continue. Adults don't need to have all the answers (or any of the answers) to show young individuals that faith can be important, exciting, and a part of all of life.
The formal education year runs from September until the second week in June. Included during the year is Bible Sunday, in which children in Kindergarten, Third Grade, and Ninth Grade youth receive gift Bibles from their church. During the summer months there are special activities for young people that are offered.
The Nurture Ministry works diligently to provide a good foundation for children. The Ministry meets monthly and welcomes all who are interested in providing a strong Christian foundation for children.
The NCC Nurture Ministry (NM) oversees the Christian formation and spiritual growth programs of NCC The NM has general oversight of auxiliary education programs which serve and/or are sponsored by NCC.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Adult Education (Bible Study, Book Studies, Spiritual Leadership Classes)
- Youth Education (Confirmation, Youth Groups)
- Children's Education (Sunday School, Holiday Pageant)
- Spiritual Development for all ages
- Safe Church Training
Nurture membership consists of the following:
- One Liaison (Coordinates the programming and budget; attends Core Leadership meetings.)
- Two Coordinators (Assist the Liaison)
- Volunteer members (Help with planning and programs)